You can rely on LexisNexis for complete accuracy and currency of information. We are contracted to source and get all Government Gazettes, directly from the Government Printers, allowing us to update all our legal publications immediately. This means that you get the precise information and you get it rapidly, giving you access to the most up-to-date information possible.
The updated Edition of the Local Government Library now includes the latest Covid-19 Regulations and Notices published in terms of the Disaster Management No. 57 of 2002 and the Draft Public Procurement Bill 2020 as well as updated local government legislation.
The new edition consists of the following pocketbooks:
- Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003 AND Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, No. 5 of 2000 and Regulations
- Institution of Legal Proceedings against certain Organs of State Act, No. 40 of 2002
- Organised Local Government Act, No. 52 of 1997 and Regulations
- Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations Act, No. 97 of 1997 AND Intergovernmental Relations Framework Act, No. 13 of 2005 and Regulations
- Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, No. 117 of 1998 and Regulations
- Local Government: Municipal Electoral Act, No. 27 of 2000 and Regulations
- Traditional Leadership and Governance Framework Act, No. 41 of 2003 and Regulations
- The White Paper on Local Government, 9 March 1998
- Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, No. 6 of 2004 and Regulations
- Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Act, No. 12 of 2007 and Regulations
- Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, No. 16 of 2013
- Local Government: Municipal Demarcation Act, No. 27 of 1998 and Notices
- Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, No. 32 of 2000 and Regulations
- Disaster Management Act, No. 57 of 2002 and Regulations
- Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 and Rules
- Division of Revenue Act, No. 4 of 2020
- Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Regulations (Published in terms of Act No. 56 of 2003)
- Public Administration Management Act, No. 11 of 2014
- Public Procurement Bill 2020
- Covid Notices and Regulations – Volume 1 and Volume 2
Local Government pocketbooks are also available to purchase as individual publications.